lonely wading through the destruction of space

Monday, May 31, 2010

there's a paper cut in the sky and I

There's a paper cut in the sky
and I
saw it from my boat--
we were
sailing calmly on the sea
and it appeared without a note.
We laughed and then we wondered
speculated and we danced
and still I had to ponder
if the sky had had a chance.
Was the blood going to fall on us,
was it silver, blue, or green?
It spilled down from clouds invisibly
and to us remained unseen--
we did wish it the best of luck--
the worst it had not seen
for the thinly sickly paper cut
was starting to gain a sheen.
The sky was thick with sickness
and sick with thickly blue--
we held it up with scabby palms;
we cried the whole day through.
My boy friend 
and my best friend Em
my dog A and my hat,
we tried so hard to keep it up--
it began to slowly crack--
Dear Sky,
we--I
held you high to kiss the moon
we kept you strong to meet the sun
and caressed you to noon.
When the Fog came strolling by--
and the Sea turned brilliant green--
the Mist and Storms helped tape you up
and keep your small cut clean
(we covered it with a band-aid
so it would not turn mean).
We hope that made it better--
we wish you all the best,
and with our happiest regards,
we are sleeping for the rest
Regards,
[our hearts]
Your Best.

No comments:

Post a Comment